AI-generated voices are weaponised by online trolls, how ChatGPT reflects who we are as a society, and social media is in the firing line again.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by The Cyberwire’s Dave Bittner.
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
- ‘Disrespectful to the Craft:’ Actors Say They’re Being Asked to Sign Away Their Voice to AI – Vice.
- AI-Generated Voice Firm Clamps Down After 4chan Makes Celebrity Voices for Abuse – Vice.
- Video Game Voice Actors Doxed and Harassed in Targeted AI Voice Attack – Vice.
- ChatGPT Can Be Broken by Entering These Strange Words, And Nobody Is Sure Why – Vice.
- My Strange Day With Bing’s New AI Chatbot – Wired.
- We asked ChatGPT to write performance reviews and they are wildly sexist (and racist) – Fast Company.
- How social media affects teen mental health: a missing link – Nature.
- California bill to let parents sue social media gets second try – Bloomberg.
- How to protect children from big tech companies – Wall Street Journal.
- Three out of four parents say social media is a major distraction for students, according to new study – Phys.org.
- Remarks of President Joe Biden – State of the Union address as prepared for delivery – The White House.
- Why the past 10 years of American life have been uniquely stupid – The Atlantic.
- Now Mesa public schools are also declaring that they have failed in educating their children by suing social media – Techdirt.
- Seattle school…