“In 2014, Alberto Daniel Hill, an expert in cyber security, found a security issue in a medical provider’s website. In reporting the issue, it led him to become the first person imprisoned in Uruguay for a computer-related crime—a crime he didn’t commit, and one that probably never even happened.
Alberto, a hacker, was the perfect target for a judicial system that doesn’t understand cyber security or cyber crimes. Through police misconduct and incompetence, his life was thrown into upheaval, and he is still recovering from a system where there are no guarantees of a fair trial.
Rife with injustice and anguish, Alberto’s story doesn’t have a fairy tale ending. It is a lesson for Uruguay and the world to implement fair processes for prosecuting cyber crimes. Alberto’s tale will stand as a stark reminder of the dangers of a judiciary system that hasn’t caught up to the technology of the 21st century.“
I am Alberto Daniel Hill and this is my podcast about my story as well as tales, news and information about cyber security.
Best twitter space ever on laws, "justice," cybercrime, control, governments, privacy, rights, truth. The incompetence of Law Enforcemente. – DARKWEB.TODAY – Hackers & Cyber SECURITY
- Best twitter space ever on laws, "justice," cybercrime, control, governments, privacy, rights, truth. The incompetence of Law Enforcemente.
- CRAZIEST TWITTER SPACES EVER! OUT OF CONTROL WITH HACKERS AND OTHER WEIRD PEOPLE!
- Cyber nights with Panda in Twitter Spaces
- Chat with author & cybersecurity expert, Alberto Daniel Hill
- Alberto Talking to Alexa for an hour and then Tina shows up on Twitter Spaces!